WHAT TO BRING
Please plan on bringing these items with you:
- Bicycle in good repair that fits the rider* – contact us if you have any questions or need to rent/ buy/ borrow a bike, as we may be able to assist
- Bicycle helmet – bring a certified bicycle helmet that fits – contact us if you have any questions
- Swimsuit and towel – we plan on swimming daily, weather permitting
- Lunch and water – bring a nut-free, litterless lunch each day as well as a refillable water bottle plus snacks!
- Hat and Sunscreen – we will be outside a lot, so please bring a wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen
- PFD – if you have one, please bring a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) for the two canoeing days; one that is in good shape and fits you well
- Please do not bring valuables or personal electronic devices – they can be distracting, and in this active outdoor camp they may get dropped, wet or forgotten
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP TIME AND LOCATIONS
Camp runs from 9:00am to 4:00pm each day. Please drop-off your child every morning at the front of the Kingston Memorial Centre (303 York Street, Kingston). On Monday, please arrive between 8:40 and 9 am so we can complete registration and discuss anything with you. Please pick-up your child at the same location between 4:00 and 4:15pm. Thank you for being prompt.
We will continue with our camp activities rain or shine. Please come prepared for the weather. We will not conduct outdoor activities in heavy rains or in thunderstorms. We will monitor weather forecasts leading up to the week, and we may determine to rearrange the weekly schedule. We will contact you by email as early as possible if this may be the case.
Participants who complete all aspects of the camp, and pass the relevant evaluation, will receive the following:
- Cycle Kingston Certificate of Completion – Cycle Kingston will provide a certificate indicating the participant has successfully completed the Cycling Education program which exceeds the core requirements of the nationally listed Kids CAN-BIKE program. (Note: Cycle Kingston cannot issue CAN-BIKE certification)
- ORCKA Basic Canoeing Level 1 – The Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association (ORCKA) has been supporting a variety of paddling courses across the province since 1975. The material taught in the Pedal and Paddle Camp meets the criteria for ORCKA Basic Canoeing Level 1, and participants will receive their certification.